Select Page

Click for Elena Shumilova’s EarthDesk portfolio. © This and following images, All Rights Reserved, Elena Shumilova. Used with permission.

With great delight we welcome Russian photographer Elena Shumilova to EarthDesk Sunday. During the last few weeks, her pictures have become an Internet favorite. Elena’s images touch the chords of wonder, love and comfort that can reverberate around the human place in nature, those qualities to which we should each be entitled during our stay on the planet. She has graciously allowed EarthDesk to publish some of her work in the portfolio that follows here.

Her favorite subjects are her sons Vanya, 2 and Yaroslav, 5. From her home outside Moscow, she told EarthDesk:

Children and  animals – it’s my life. Because I’m the mom of two sons and we spend a lot of time on the farm, I shoot pictures of my boys, my dog and rabbits and ducks, and sometimes my friends and their children.

When shooting I prefer to use natural light – both inside and outside. I love all sorts of light conditions – street lights, candle light, fog, smoke, rain and snow – everything that gives visual and emotional depth to the image.

Elena’s EarthDesk portfolio and more about her work here.